Lake Shores KIDS is the children’s experience at Lake Shores Church, serving infants – 5th grade. It is a safe, fun and exciting place for your kids to learn about God! At Lake Shores KIDS, we believe every child is designed by God to do great things in this world! Our goal is to come alongside parents and partner with you to help develop their full God-given potential in a safe, age-appropriate environment where the Bible is taught in a fun and creative way. We exist to serve kids and their families and look forward to having you join us this weekend!
At Lake Shores KIDS you can expect:
Engaging and age-appropriate environments: At Lake Shores KIDS, coming to church can be an adventure. We have an atmosphere that captures the imagination. Through our environments, we set the stage to teach kids about God in a creative and relevant way.
Safe and secure experiences: Your child’s safety is our top priority. We’ve taken every step necessary to ensure a safe and secure environment. From facility design, thorough policies and volunteer training, parents can rest assured that their children are in safe hands.
Friendly and relational care: Beautiful environments and fun programs are great, but where we strive to excel is in our relational care. We work hard to create communities where kids develop healthy and strong relationships with peers and adult leaders who serve as spiritual role models and mentors.
Your first visit:
We’d love to have your kids visit us this Sunday! Lake Shores KIDS entrance is located in the back, left side of the main Lake Shores Church lobby. Safety is critical to us, so when you check in your child he or she will be registered in our database along with any important information we need to know to properly care for him or her. Please allow a few extra minutes for this process the first time you check your child in. (You can speed up the process by filling out our New Family Form here and bringing it with you).At check-in your child will receive a name badge with a number and you’ll receive a corresponding slip of paper that you’ll use to pick your child up.
Areas open during 1st service:
Nursery: 0-2 years old – Class split between Non-Walkers and Walkers
Preschool: ages 3- 5 Kindergarten
Areas open during 2nd service:
Nursery: Ages 0-2 – Class split between Non-Walkers and Walkers
Preschool: Ages 3-5 Kindergarten
Elementary: Grades 1-3 & 4-5
There are many wonderful opportunities to positively impact the life of a child by serving in Lake Shore KIDS! We have needs for people to serve in all areas on Sunday Mornings, as well as during the week to get ready for Sunday.
Nursery: Ages 0-2
(Split between Non-Walkers and Walkers)
- Non-Walker, 1st service or 2nd service – Love to love on Babies and their families, be willing to change diapers and feed babies.
- Walkers, 1st service or 2nd service – Love to love on mobile toddlers, lead small bible class and snack, be willing to change diapers.
Preschool: Ages 3- 5 Kindergarten
- Leader – Lead teacher, Responsible for Studying weekly curriculum, communicates with Children`s coordinator on what is needed, loves on children and their families.
- Helper – Welcomes children as they arrive, Assist Leader on Sundays with activities, takes children to the bathroom, helps with dismissal check out.
Elementary: Grades 1- 3 & 4-5
- Large group leader – responsible for knowing weekly message, leads all elementary ages during large group in worship (video), Bible story (video), games and all kinds of exciting sensory stimuli designed to reach and engage the kids’ hearts, minds, and bodies.
- Grades 1-3: Small Group Leader – Serves on a consistent rotation to Connect with the kids in a meaningful way. Guides students through the morning’s activities. Responsible for studying weekly curriculum and communicating needs with Children`s coordinator
- Grades 1-3: Helper – Assist small and large group leaders with students
- Grades 4-5: Small Group Leader – Serves on a consistent rotation to Connect with the kids in a meaningful way. Guides groups of 8-10 students through the morning’s activities. Responsible for studying weekly curriculum and communicating needs with Children`s coordinator
- Grades 4-5: Helper – Assist small and large group leaders with students
Check In Specialist/Security
- Welcomes current and new families to Lake Shores KIDS
- Guides current families through check-in process
- Helps new families register and answers questions they may have.
- Maintains security during service and during dismissal after service.
- Contacts parents if there is an issue during service
- Helps if needed by area leaders for bathroom monitoring, booboo needs, etc.
Decorators and organizers:
- Decorators– create energetic monthly environments for curriculum themes.
- Organizers– come up during the week to help organize and stock supplies.